Welcome!

Thanks for stopping by my site! I hope I've found a place now where I can document and share my upcoming travels and experiences. It appears that here I will be able to not only "blog" as much as I'd like, but to upload my pictures as well. Feel free to take a look around and provide suggestions! Stay tuned in coming months as I'll be updating with more details about the trip!

Sunday, September 14, 2008

Work, motorbikes, and a cell phone

Well, I made it through my first week of teaching! It went pretty well, actually, despite not exactly having the right materials or knowing what the students had covered. This week could be interesting, since it's a week of review, which means that I have to field questions about anything that they might have covered in the last 8 weeks, even though I was only there for 1 of them. Oh well, I'm not too worried.

I finally drove a motorbike for the first time yesterday! It's actually not as difficult as I had assumed it was going to be, and honestly, it's quite a bit of fun! Driving in town is a bit of a pain sometimes, having to stop and start constantly, but it does beat walking sometimes and definitely beats paying for taxis all the time. One of these weeks after a paycheck perhaps I'll rent my own bike; a big step towards actually living here!

I have officially decided to stick around for a while and today bought a Thai cell phone for about $24 US. Steps in the right direction, eh?

No comments: